Friday, April 3, 2009

Randomness

Ok.. so I have finally decided to jump on the blog bandwagon. I sometimes post blogs on my myspace page.. but it's usually when I am irritated at something, someone, or just sad.. which thankfully doesn't happen very often. I have been struggling all morning to get this damn slideshow to post correctly and it just ain't happening. Ugh! Oh well.
These next couple of months are going to be SUPER busy! This month starts off with the Ob Tour stop in Dallas this weekend. I am fortunate enough to have someone to stay with in Richardson so I won't have to fork out any hotel expenses. That's always a plus. I am a little nervous as always to play this weekend. Things have been so busy I just haven't had the time to put in to practice. That is going to have to change before Vegas next month. Between working, working out, cooking dinner, league... I have to find some time to squeeze some practice in. Dalton always says it's very important to stay "warm" at the table. I played a couple sets against the ghost last night, needless to say he tore me a new one. After a while of that I went and asked Dalton to come play with me. While playing the ghost is great, it really is all about running out, and I really wanted to practice some safe's and stuff. Dalton beat me the first set 7-1 I think.... Next set I quickly went up 2-0 before he started catching a gear. I played some good safes and ended up pulling ahead 5-4. He ended up beating me 7-6 but I felt good especially since he had killed me the first match.
Next weekend my friends and teammates Ricki, Rebecca and I, are hosting a poker tournament at the Moose Lodge in Pasadena to help raise money for us going to Vegas. The following weekend is Greek Easter, and the following is my bday! It's my last year in my 20's, and while I can't say I am sad about that, I can say where the hell did all the time go??? Then of course VEGAS! For ten days! OMG I am going to be so broke! While there are so many things to look forward to it is going to be a huge challenge to make time for practice. I really thought that this session (league) would be much easier since I was only playing league one night a week, until last week when I agreed to play on a Valley team with some friends. What was I thinking??? Does anyone know how to make more hours in a day?
I need to set some goals for myself obviously.
  1. Make time for at least one hour of practice a day
  2. Lose 15lbs by Vegas
  3. Stay on the top womens list at league
  4. Make time for yoga at least twice a month

I know it's a small list for right now... but baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment